Wednesday, April 3, 2019

MARCH UFO AND WIP CHALLENGE POST

http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html  

The link above will take you to a (in my opinion) very fun Quilt Block site that features hundreds of patterns free for quilters to use.  Marcia Hohn is the creator of this site and if you go to this link
http://www.quilterscache.com/

and go down to about the middle of the page, you will see a question that asks where do you want to go today?  Click on that and a multiple selection will appear for you to choose from.  One of the choices will introduce you to Marcia and another choice will take you to the pattern selections.  In the pattern selections, there are several ways to look for patterns.  For instance, if you know the name of the block you would like to select you can choose letters or if you are looking for specific sized blocks you can choose that section.  The patterns are also labeled for their difficulty and if they are pieced, appliqued or paper pieced.

I chose to look by size for my pattern choices this time.  I was looking for a 9 inch block but did not have any other thoughts in mind.  I honestly looked at every pattern and made myself notes.  There are several blocks that I definitely want to make and I know if I did not write them down, I would never remember them.  I really do recommend this site for anyone who enjoys quilting.  Just remember, you may need to have quite a bit of time to look at any group of patterns.  Here is the link to the Paths and Stiles block that I chose to use with this baby quilt.
http://www.quilterscache.com/P/PathsandStilesBlock.html



In my original plans, I had cut out several of these polka dot flannel fabrics to use on the front of the quilt between the puppies.  Yet, after careful considerations, they were just to boring for the front.  As the backing fabric with a few strips of sashing, they worked fabulously.  Once again, my pictures do not do the quilt any help.  It rather looks dull in these photos, but they were the best.  I may have to save up and buy me the "old" type of camera that I used to take pictures with.  Somehow, I never seemed to have any trouble getting half way decent pictures.

Now, I have once again completed my UFO for Julie's Challenge and tomorrow I will be posting one more!  I am having so much fun doing these unfinished projects, it was the perfect choice for me to sign up!  I hope everyone is having a fabulous time completing any project they are working on!

Have a fantastic day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! Yay you for finishing another UFO project. That has to make you so very happy. Thank you for the link to that website. I will check it out. It sounds like Marcia has put a lot of time and effort into her website. Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete