Thursday, March 20, 2008

Purples are Cuddly


Well I managed to get this photo up. Believe me it took some time and effort. This is a "quilt as you go" baby quilt. I had a lot of trouble matching up the seams, only because of my inexperience, but it turned out to have a lot of character. Flawed or not I really like this. The colors just make me want to grab it up and cuddle.

I was awakened at an early hour from the sound of two dogs running in and out of the bedroom around the bed and then back and forth. Frankie, my mom and dads miniature Australian Shepherd is staying with us for the week. Frankie and Dodger are so jealous of one another, you know one might get more attention than the other one. Its funny and annoying at the same time. But for the most part they get along just fine.

By about 1:00, I had finished putting the last star on the block. Now, I laid the 49 blocks on the bed and decided to put sashing inbetween each one. I think instead of making a rag quilt with it, it will add space and the blocks will be independant and together at the same time. So, now I need to choose my sashing fabric and cut and join. Then I will add the border and finish. So, guess I had best get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment