Wednesday, December 17, 2008

GOOD TIDINGS TO ALL.....

As so many are experiencing this time of year, the brrrr...........it is cold here. Well here in Southern Oregon it is so much colder than we are used to. We took this photo of how ice has made this beautiful amazing display. You may have to click and enlarge the picture to get the full spectrum.

This is on the ground by the way, which makes it so amazing.




Mom and I decided to head downtown, despite the cold, and face the antique stores. We had a splendid afternoon together. My daughter, has surprised us once again....she has displayed a great interest in antiques. She said that she would really like a cake plate. After oohing and awwing over so many beautiful and breathtaking items ( along with a WOW, did you see the price on that item) we finally decided upon one. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture and it is wrapped. Will have to get one after she opens it. Plus, she loves the color pink and orange; we found several glass dishes in these colors that she can use as displays or for special occasions. All for a lot less than imaginable. I will definetely begin browsing these types of stores far more often.


Kevin had stopped at the post office on his way home from job searching and I opened this wonderful card from Holly. It is so adorable. Thank you Holly.
















Also this wonderful card from Karen, she photographed one of her quilts; plus she made this great fabric envelope. I would never have thought of doing something like this, it adds so much to receiving a card. Thank you Karen.









I just finished the last of the binding on the quilt I showed the other day. It was a queen sized quilt, the Dresden Plate quilt for my daughter. It feels great to have it completed and ready for a Christmas gift. Now just to wrap it up.

I have been working on and off on this quilt for awhile. I am undecided if I want to add more applique designs or just add an outside border. What are your thoughts?

I was able to steal some time on the computer while Kevin is doing some work out in the garage. But he will be in soon.

I wish to thank each and everyone one of you for all your thoughts and prayers during these times. They really mean so much and help in so many ways. It saddens me to know that so many other people in this great country of ours are facing the same things. But with the help of friends, family and the Lord...we will be fine!

3 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful, and yes, hasn't it been cold! Seems like a reprieve today, at least here in the 'burg'. Your quilt is so pretty--I think it looks so pretty as is, but I always go for the 'plain and simple'. Your antiquing sounded so fun. Take care and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to those shops. But I don't go often because of the boys. I couldn't afford to replace what they might break. LOL. I like the quilt like it is. Sometimes simple is wonderful. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That ice is amazing. We've got so much snow, there's no place to put it anymore.

    ReplyDelete