Monday, August 28, 2017

SO MUCH HAPPENING....IT IS FABULOUS





I signed up for Pat Sloans  GRANDMA'S KITCHEN SEW ALONG on June 28, 2017 (well actually a tad bit earlier than that...but not exactly sure).  I had tried to do a couple of her other sew along's and failed miserably due to life in general.  I am hoping that life has settled down enough that I can keep up with this one!

The block pictured below is titled  "Half A Modern" by Pat.  She gives a wonderful descriptive story about Why she names her blocks what she does and how it relates to one or both of her Grandmothers Kitchens.  She asks that we share a part of our memories with her.  Only, sadly due to my memory loss, I really can not do that.  I think that is another reason I also really want to complete this quilt.  I may explain later, but not now.
Block 4  "HALF A MODERN"


This is Block 5 titled...Glasses and Cups.  I have chosen a wide variety of fabrics for this Sew Along with Pat Sloan.  I have chosen 2 main fabrics with Fruits, plus a third main fabric with small red apples as my backing fabric but if needed it can easily be used in the blocks also.  I have also chosen a wide variety of  fabrics ranging from solids to the one below featuring the large variety of apples with black as the background. 



I have also chosen a wide variety of  fabrics ranging from solids to the one below featuring the large variety of apples with black as the background. Being that my blocks are rather on a sort of "scrappy" choice, I went ahead and chose white on white as my main block fabric.  Yet, I also have used several different selections that I have available.  It always feels wonderful to use up bits and pieces of scraps!  So all in all, I am having a great time with this Sew Along.




This is my quilt top at this stage...all blocks are sewn together into rows into the Double Sized Quilt Top!  I think it turned out spectacular!  Of course, each Scrappy Mystery Quilt I have participated in of Carole's from From My Carolina Home Blog has been a favorite and all of them are loved dearly!  I have not decided how to finish this one off.  Carole has a great detailed border included in her pattern, but the room and bed that this quilt will be covering, the border would be lost.  So, I am trying to figure out something else.  Yet, it may be quite awhile due to the fact that I am working on three other quilts at this time.  My oh My, what did I get myself into?

Thank you for stopping by!  I love to receive comments and I respond as soon as I am able!  Have a great day!     Brenda


4 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great!! I like those apple print blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! Your blocks for Pat Sloan's sew along are looking great. Having white as your main fabric and mixing in other fabrics sounds like a wonderful plan. And your quilt top from Carole's quilt along is beautiful. I'm glad to see you are sewing along and having fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I've been wondering where you are these days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the good and very helpful information. It is very interesting.
    เรื่องแปลก

    ReplyDelete