Monday, May 26, 2008

Hand Quilting

I have finally made it a complete 24 hours without a cigarette. (Trumpets are blowing, legs are jumping, hands are clapping and I am shouting at the top of my lungs....I DID IT....I DID IT...I DID IT...)Mom and I stopped at the store yesterday on our way to her house to pick up a few extra items for cooking dinner...she made the comment that since not smoking she has been chewing a lot more gum. It hit me that gum would be a lot less calories than the licorice and other stuff. So, even though I am not particular about gum I gave it a shot. Every time I feel the urge, I stuff a piece of gum in my mouth instead.

I am also hand quilting the baby quilt; it is not the typical stitching used it is an embroidery stitch I am doing. I feel so much more comfortable doing it. Well, I thought I would do a little research and see if anyone else does it this way. I only found one small mention; it was just stated that some of the "old classic" quilts used embroidery stitches to quilt. That was it. So, I am going to go into the forums I am in and put the question to the test and see what happens. By the way, hand quilting has really helped the urge also (hands are busy at all times).

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it 24 hours without smoking! Keep at it, you can do it.

    I love your patio area. I have two small patios in the back of my house, that I have not even thought of doing anything with. I think they'll have to wait until after camp. And I love you Irish chain quilt! You sure are making good progress in your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the non smoking. I knew you could do it.

    There is a book over here in the UK by Nikki Tinkler that is handquilting using all different embroidery stitches. It might be worth you googling her or having a look on Amazon for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your not smoking. I know how hard it is, cuz I have to try again. I quit for 6 months, but alas, fell off the wagon, so have to try again. Hang in there and drink alot of water, too. My doc told me it helps flush out the system.

    ReplyDelete