Sunday, June 8, 2008

BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY



This is a climbing rose bush that is next to the front stairs. I was talking with my friend yesterday and her mother planted this rose over 16 years ago.

The sun has arrived and stuck around today; it is a spectacular day for gardening or anything you enjoy outside. I had to stop and rest for a while, I began pulling weeds at about 9 am and it is now 2. The area is looking really good. I want to transplant some ground cover plants in the area to fill in the bare spots between my iris' and daffodils. Plus, I want to add some early blooming summer flowers and so forth to make the area bloom all year. Right now it just has spring flowers.

I am just about finished with my baby quilt; hand sewing the last binding (should finish it tonight) I added some extra balloons around the border to add some extra color and charm and it was the right choice (in my opionion, of course....hee,hee )
and although my hand stitches are more embroidery style than anything, I am really enjoying it and it does not look to bad (again, in my opion, of course...hee, hee ). I am glad I took the full plunge and went all the way, I will definitely be hand quilting more of my quilts.

Well, I hope you all enjoy your day as much as I am enjoying mine!

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to share photos of your quilt? Your hand quilting sounds great.

    ReplyDelete