Saturday, July 19, 2008

WALKING

Dodger and I have done quite a bit of walking in the last couple of days. Our usual walk in the morning is about a half hour. Then we usually walk a half hour in the evening. But the last couple of days have exceeded the norm by a lot. I mowed our yard and then Dodger and I went for a 45 minute walk on Thursday night. Friday morning we went for a half hour walk and then that evening we walked 45 minutes to my parents, mowed their yard and then we walked the 45 minutes home again. This morning my joints said only a short one around the block...but once we got going we walked an entire hour. It feels wonderful to be able to do this without running out of breath and stopping every 10 minutes. Plus, I know I have lost a few pounds (pants are not as snug) and it brings such an uplift in spirits it is amazing. But, Dodger and I are both pretty tuckered so this evening it will just be a short one. I really recommend to everyone to take at least 10 minutes every day and walk. That is how I started and now I am able to walk for an hour straight. An added bonus is the scenery you get to really look at (flowers, landscaping, deer, dogs, cats, children playing) and it is really wonderful to say goodmorning/evening to all the other people out walking, working in thier yards and so forth. It is so pleasant seeing the neighborhood in a slow mode not the hustle and bustle at most other times. All right I have carried on enough, plus I am keeping you from your walk. Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. I love to walk, though I haven't been able to do enough over the last year, for one reason and another. I plan to get a dog when we move house, so look forward to building up the walking again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on walking. I need to but never seem to find the time. I have walked a few times but not consistently. Maybe tomorrow I will go for a stroll around the neighborhood. My pants are getting tighter. LOL.

    ReplyDelete