Saturday, October 9, 2010

CAN YOU SEE ME SMILING!!!!!

As you can see, I am getting my new sewing room all set up and in working order. It is so incredible to have such a bright, wonderfully spacious area to work in. I decided to hang up items that are used frequently.....it works great, no searching to see where I placed them.

Even with the essential items hanging on the walls, they are still bare and need some pictures and items to make it even more personal and homey. That will come in time.
I can not explain the satisfaction and relief that came over me as I unpacked all of my fabrics that have been stashed away in plastic storage bins (pretty much since the move from Oregon). I had to take a lot of time with this area. Right now, I am still deciding where and how to arrange this section.



As soon as I could, I had to start a new project and break in the new room with flying colors. I chose a Sun Bonnet Sue applique project. It was great fun choosing fabrics. Once all of the 16 blocks were cut out and ironed on, I realized that I had the perfect opportunity to play and have fun with my new sewing machine.
So, I decided to explore the free motion machine embroidery. I drew these basic flowers onto the fabric with a wash away marking pen. Believe me I am no artist....I know I should stick to tracing patterns.



I chose these threads, hoping they would stand out and blend with the white bug fabric. Boy was I correct. They go fabulous, but I drew way to many flowers and now the whole block just yells at you....CAN YOU SEE ME....
oh well, I had a great time experimenting and improving. Looking forward to doing various stitches and who knows with the other blocks. Back to the sewing room I go.................................



4 comments:

  1. Hurray Brenda - I'm so pleased for you. Bet you found fabrics you forgot you had - lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new sewing room is looking good. It seems to be a never ending process, I have had mine for about 3 years, and it needs an overhaul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Brenda! So glad you are blogging again! Congratulations on your new apartment and new sewing room! Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog. Have a great week!

    Molly in Roseburg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Sun Bonnet Sues are adorable!

    ReplyDelete