Saturday, November 13, 2010

OPEN EYES OPEN MIND



I have been trying to expand myself with quilting; trying the Double Wedding Ring quilt with all of its curves...it is going along rather well I try and sew together at least two complete circles each day. For some reason, I need a break after that. I do believe it is all the pinning.


My daughters Godmother, gave me a bunch of fabrics while we were visiting this summer. Among them were 12 hand embroidery blocks that her mother had done and given to her. She does not like quilting or sewing; so she asked if I would put them together in a quilt for her.


The embroidery pattern is a circle of flowers and leaves. I have been searching for a pattern that would go well with this. I came across this pattern on a very interesting site of stained glass patterns.


http://free-stainedglasspatterns.com/ is a great site for applique patterns. There are hundreds of various designs and possabilities.


Since everything I am working on seems to be centered around a circle at this time, I chose to give this pattern a try. I am very happy with the results. Although I am not sure it will benifit the embroidery block.......putting together many blocks like this one in several different color combinations will in my minds eye, make a beautiful quilt. Opening the Eyes to the world around us helps open our Minds! Learning is such a wonderful thing,


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a pretty embroidery, I'm anxious to see what you come up with. Two blocks a day sounds like you have the process pretty much down. There are going to be two beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete