Monday, November 1, 2010

Visions of Peacocks.....

This is Shirley, Kevins youngest daughter (17) who recently came to live with us. It is a big adjustment for all of us, but we are all doing just fine. Both of his daughters have wonderful artistic abilities and when I began dabbling in a new hand embroidery project; she did all the tracing. Although, I really do believe she could have drawn it free hand.


(I do not know if this will give a direct link or not....but this site has loads of printable motifs that could be used in embroidery-quilting)

Using a queen sized sheet, TRACER PROJECTOR JR , a very dark room and Shirleys artistic abilities......it was traced wonderfully.
I began dabbling in hand embroidery again after moving to Texas and not having space to quilt. But not wanting to just do outline embroidery, which is what I was taught and have always done...I did some searching and opened up a whole new world. Mary Corbet's site http://www.needlenthread.com/
is a great source of information, patterns and videos that demonstrate various stitches that I love to watch and learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment