Wednesday, March 16, 2011


 I did not realize how long it has been since last post.  A friend sent an email and inquired as to what was happening.  I have been doing quite a bit of various activities.  One of which is taking a lot of time....ironing each piece of fabric and folding it nicely to fit on my storage shelves.  Anyone who has taken on this challenge knows it is not so much hard just very time consuming.  While doing this, I am also trimming each piece.  My scrap bin is overflowing with new I am going to have to figure out a way to manage all of my scraps also. 
 This quilt has been great fun to work on.  I have completed the top and picked out fabrics for the backing, but it is sitting idly aside while I am doing some spring cleaning.
Just a closer look at the individual blocks and the appliqued border.  
Since moving into the 3 bedroom apartment, I have complained about the mini blinds and the dust they collect.   Kevin and I began the process of washing the outside and inside windows, taking each blind down and hosing, scrubbing and rinsing outside.  I decided it was time to add some color and actually make the curtains.  I chose this fabric mainly because it was very close to being the perfect size.  I free motion quilted it to an old bedspread .... that way it would not be overly heavy, but keep people from being able to see in.  I have another completely seperate piece of fabric with red flowers and white background to make for the other window.  Plus, I have chosen some pretty sheets for the dining room and the living room.  I want to get the curtains all finished and put up before I finish the quilt. 

Forewarning....I may take awhile to post again.  Hee, Hee, Hee....I get involved and forget about other things. 

1 comment: