Friday, April 1, 2011

STOPPING TO ORGANIZE

BASICALLY I AM TIRED OF ALL OF MY DISORGANIZED SCRAPS.....TIME TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT...EVEN IF IT TAKES ALL YEAR.


 Organizing is not a real fun activity; yet it is a very necessary one.  I went to start another project and soon realized, going through a bin filled with scraps of every shape and size was not going to work.  So I began seperating into sections.  This red one was left holding only the smaller pieces of scraps.  I also filled 3 boxes...one with dark material scraps, one with light material scraps and one with nothing but strips (you can see some of the strips just hanging over the sides).  The green tote underneath is filled with various scrap materials also (have not gone through that one). 



It did not take me much time to lower the ironing board to a correct sitting where I can cut and iron at a comfortable position.  I actually was using the kitchen cutting board under the blue mat for the extra strength needed....but hubby kept coming and getting it.  So I chose a hard cover book, it works well.  

So, I grab a handful of small scraps.  Sort through, making a pile for cutting and one of those itty pieces that are smaller than a postage stamp.  Those pieces get tossed into the pillow case hanging behind me (a future doggie bed).


This is the results so far.  Does not appear to be much, but wow is it ever.  It is going to be so wonderful to find the size I am searching for.  Of course, I have not actually found the storage containers that will work the best yet,  But I will.  So after these small pieces are cut, then it will be onto the strips....onto the bigger pieces....onto the Organizing the fabrics on shelves (back to cutting them even, ironing and folding into neat stacks).

I keep asking myself how long I will be able to keep at this, before I have to start sewing a quilt once again.  I really have set a goal of getting this all organized proficiently before the end of the year.  I hope this brings a little inspiration to someone else...various other bloggers are what got me motivated. 

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. It's part of quilting (not the best part, however!) to have do do this once in awhile and it sounds like you are on a roll! Good on you!! Happy "organized" quilting!!

    Molly in Roseburg

    ReplyDelete