Wednesday, August 12, 2015

DISCOVERING SO MUCH



While I was browsing through Pinterest (which I have recently discovered and am having so much fun with), I came across a link for stitching your own cards.  I decided to give it a whirl and really had fun.  This is the link to my Pinterest Board.  The next link will be to my page.  I know that I pinned a couple of tutorials on this, but for the life of me I can not find it.  LOL.  So, I went and found a few other links for you if you are interested.  The card that I did above took me just a couple of hours from finding the design, tracing it and punching the needle holes through the last stitch.  I have not completed the project yet, but I plan on choosing a small piece of batting and fabric and covering the stitches with that.  I really did enjoy this project and would recommend that everyone give it a try. 

You can use a very simple design that you create yourself or use a free pattern and of course as you become more confident, your designs can become more complex.  Covering the inside of the card and your stitches can be done in several different methods, just use your imagination or simply cover it with a hand written piece of paper.  I did discover that even though this process is fairly easy and if you know how to sew a straight stitch or a back stitch you can create a card seriously, but I think that I would prefer to do the hand embroidery on a piece of fabric, trim it specially or even just turn under the edges of fabric and then glue it on or then use the stitches directly onto the card.  I hope that you have fun with this!


  https://www.pinterest.com/


http://www.needlenthread.com/tag/embroider-on-paper     this takes you to a page with several links to articles on her site...really interesting and some good tips, links and advice


http://www.craftstylish.com/item/2731/how-to-embroider-a-greeting-card/page/all  a really great tutorial

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0SO8wrsastVD54Ak2VXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEydXExcGpqBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwM0BHZ0aWQDQjA3MDJfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=Tutorial+On+Creating+Christmas+Cards+With+Hand+Embroidery+and+Card+Stock&fr=yfp-t-901     this link takes you to a page of video tutorials.



I had to get a photo of Mr. Shakes this morning.  He is my follower...this is his favorite place while we are in the kitchen.  I am pretty sure he figured out quickly that being tripped over or even stepped on while we humans are doing important things like preparing the morning breakfast bowl is not such a good idea.  So sitting on one of the chairs and being able to be safe, but know where every one is and when the time to come bouncing and barking excitedly out makes for a much happier even tastier snack.


Miss Chicca is not patiently waiting for her morning breakfast....she meows loudly and runs back and forth from her food bowl to the kitchen until she gets fed.  I love her so much even when she is annoying at 5 am and demanding to be fed because she is starving!  LOL.

Well, a lot of various projects are going on around here.  I will be sharing some of each as the time is right.  Thank you all for stopping by and leaving comments (I will reply...sometimes it may take me a day or so like right now, we have two different family members visiting from Wyoming and Colorado....so please be patient, comments are one of the best parts of writing a blog in my opinion because I get to know more about you and vice versa).

Also, do not forget about my Give Away...read it over and decide if you would like to win the prizes!  Have a wonderful creative day!


Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment