Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Sharing a few pictures and information


Please forgive me for not posting in such a long time!  Life can be such a happy yet distracting factor and it can also be a sad yet distracting factor all in one day.  I have been experiencing both of these emotions quite frequently as of late and they have been reeking havoc in all aspects of my life.  Yet, slowly but surely, I am getting back in the groove of how I like things to go and also making some changes to how I would like things to improve and make things go even better.



Quite a long time ago, I discovered Pinterest and have really been bitten badly by the bug of pinning.  LOL.  There is no way in 10 lifetimes would I ever be able to accomplish making all of the pins that I pin, but I sure will have fun trying.  Plus, it is just fun and relaxing to pin a really awesome project that someone somewhere actually did make and posted a tutorial to share with anyone who was interested in learning how to make one themselves. 

Do It Yourself (DIY) Wreaths have really caught my attention.  There have got to be a million various tutorials out in blogland of a gazillion various items used to create these gorgeous to just plain fun (like a wreath made with flip flops of various colors).  So far, I have made 2 altogether.  One was made with yarn pompom's; it was a blast to make!  It did take quite awhile to create all of the pompom's, even after my husband made me this special tool that made it possible to make up to 6 pompom's at a time.  I gave the wreath to my Mother for her Birthday.  Although she said she liked it, I am not so sure because she has yet to hang it up anywhere.  That is alright though, I had a blast making it and plan on making several more.

The 2nd wreath you can see in the photo above.  It is so pretty in my opinion!  I found the tutorial on Pinterest and followed the tutorial and it was so easy and only took a few hours to create.  I am going to create a few more like this using different colors and give them away as gifts for Christmas.  Everyone who has seen it has liked it also.  I have been picking up anything that I think I will or could use as a wreath decoration at garage sales and second hand stores and already have a whole bunch of supplies.  So this is going to be a fun and adventurous craft to create and see what happens as I go along!



This is the quilt that I made doing the SCRAP DANCE TANGO MYSTERY QUILT ALONG on CAROLES BLOG FROM MY CAROLINA HOME.  I made it for my Father for Fathers Day.  It is not finished...I wanted to make sure he liked it and to see what size he wanted it to be.  He loved it and did want it to be bigger.  So between the two of us, we decided it would need at least two more rows all the way around and then another border....maybe two.  Then we would measure it again with him sitting in his favorite chair and decide from there.  So between the umpteen other projects I have going on, I will be making the blocks for this also.  Not sure how I get myself into these predicaments but I do it time and time again!  Everyone who sees this quilt just loves the bright fabrics with the black fabrics.  Plus the design of the blocks just makes everything all come together brilliantly.  Carole is a brilliant designer and really does a great job at putting together her Mystery Quilts and other projects.  I recommend everyone go and check out her blog and do one of her projects!

These fabrics are the beginning choices for a Quilt A Long that Melissa at HAPPY QUILTING blog is doing right now.  The name of the quilt is SOLTICE and it is such a pretty pattern.  I am behind a tad bit but by tomorrow should be all the way caught up again.  Hopefully, I will even be posting and linking up for the first time ever.  Sure hope that I can pull this one off and learn how to do it correctly.  Melissa has said she will help anyone who needs assistance, so that makes me feel better knowing that if I goof up and can not figure it out that she will be willing to help me.  Today, I began sewing together the No Waste Method of Flying Geese and it is a Superb method!  I have never made flying geese before (at least not that I remember).  So it has been really exciting learning something new and especially fun having them turning out so perfectly!  Yippeee!!!!!!

But that is about it for today.  I truly am trying to post more often and am really trying to get my blog updated to more current standards.  One thing I am still running into serious problems with is finding a tutorial to teach me how to create PDF files for tutorials on my blog.  If anyone has any suggestions I would love to check out your tutorial links.

Thank you for stopping by and commenting!  I appreciate all comments and will get back to you as soon as I can.  Have a fantastic creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment