Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Projects in December


Carole at From My Carolina Home Blog link below

https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2016/11/16/scrap-dance-waltz-quilt-along/

has a wonderful Quilt Along going on.  It is not to late to start, today is our second set of instructions, I have done several of her Quilt Mysteries and have enjoyed each and every one.  Actually, one of her quilt mysteries is the first quilt that I ever kept for myself and I have been quilting for over 10 years.  Hubby and I loved it so much there was no way it was going anywhere!

There are several options for this quilt along.  A two color, three color or even a total scrappy choice!  On top of designing these fun Quilt Mysteries and Quilt Alongs, Carole has designed table runners, placemats and purses that she has generously offered for free.  Yet, she also has an Etsy Store where you can buy several of her patterns and many other items.

Since I began following Carole's Blog   From My Carolina Home  I have thoroughly enjoyed every post, because she touches on a variety of topics from recipes to outdoor wildlife (you should see the two male turkeys roaming about her yard right now) and various table settings for guests, holidays and seasons.  Plus, all of her quilting projects.  I really do recommend that you check out her sight and see if you want to follow her blog.  Plus, do not forget to check out this wonderful Quilt Along!




Now this is a project I am making for Project Linus!  A very dear friend of mine, introduced me to Missouri Quilt Company with Jenny and her video tutorials.  This block is almost the finished version of the Whimsical Shoofly Block.  I just have not snowballed the corners yet.  I am debating on using white or black or possible both, plus the plaid flannel has a darker green that I could also use to really add a lot of diversity.  Here I only have a few pieces shown that are actually cut out, and there is also plenty of both fabrics off to the side to be cut if need be. 

You see, I am not positive how many blocks I will be making.  Jenny, always produces these bigger quilts!  Which is fabulous for so many instances, but with Project Linus, the largest size quilt that can be made is a twin size.  So, I have to rather play with the lay out as I go along and see just how many blocks across and down I will need. 

I will post pictures of both quilts as they are progressing!  Thank you for stopping by and have a fantastic creative day!

Brenda

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/land/tutorials/whimsical-shoofly-quilt/index.html?utm_source=dd&utm_medium=lp&utm_campaign=t144

1 comment: