Friday, April 14, 2017

ANOTHER GREAT MYSTERY

Carole who blogs at FROM MY CAROLINA HOME (link below) has been a daily read of mine for several years now.  I truly have fallen in love with Carole's Mystery Quilts that is for sure, but she also designs so many other projects also that she shares quite often!  Plus, she has her patterns on sites such as Moda Bake Shop and Favorite Quilts and I know that she participates in some fun blog hops and puts together at least one of her own each year.  Can you tell, I really do enjoy her blog!  I truly do advise you to check her site out for yourself and it is never to late to join in the fun of the Two Step Scrap Dance Mystery Quilt Along.

I have chosen this year to use 4 colors.  White for my Background, Green, Browns and Blues all in a variety of scraps (yet rather controlled scraps this time around) for my choices this year.  I once again loaded the pictures in the wrong order, so above is actually the second step and I am not completely finished with these.  I still have the greens to go.

Another fun fact I would like to share with you is that I have never made Quarter Square Triangles before.  In over 10 years of quilting, I have always avoided them.  They appeared much to difficult and this quilter was just not worried about them at all.  So no, Carole was not happy enough that she got me so in love with making Half Square Triangles through her fabulous pattern designs.  She got me to learn these.  I am not quite as in love with these yet, but they are not hard to make at all!  Plus, she is wonderful at helping out when asked for help!  Believe me, I have asked for help in every quilt...NOT due to Carole at all; I have a messed up brain.  She just jumps right in and helps me out always.

https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/scrap-dance-mystery-two-step-shares/







This is Step One all done up quick and easy.  I am a total Scrap Quilt Lover, have been since I started quilting.  Sometimes it is very easy to pick the fabrics you want to use and other times it can seem like it is the hardest thing.  This is rather half and half.  With the help of a friend, the decision to choose the 4 colors was fairly easy.  Yet, choosing the actual Scraps for the fabrics was a bit harder.  Thankfully, I have an assortment of various sized blocks cut at all times and they are placed into specific labeled boxes.  Plus, I also have a large tote that fabric scraps just get tossed into from fat quarters with corners cut off to one and a half inch squares that I just did not want to put away properly at that point and time (very wrong choice believe me).  So at least,  I did not have to cut into any big pieces of fabric. 

So, after I complete the remainder of the QST's I have Step 3 to complete before the 21st of April.  I will have no problem doing this as long as I do not get to distracted by the Spring weather that is finally starting to peek a tad and I mean a tad bit here.  Hubby and I are off for a family gathering.  Thanks for stopping by and I love to read comments and I try to respond to each one!  Have a great day!

Brenda

1 comment: