Tuesday, January 8, 2019

A NEW YEAR WITH FUN CHALLENGES


I discovered these in a tote that some how had gotten moved out of my fabric storage room.  These will make a fun project.  No matter what I decide to create with them!!


March 17,2008   Seems to be the first date that I began posting about my Quilt Journey.  I have loved each and every seam I have sewn and even every seam that I have had to rip out!  LOL.  Although, in true honesty, from November 17, 2017 until now.  I have been struggling so much with a depression because my Dad passed away on that date and he is the real reason I began quilting.  He is the reason, I fell totally in love with Quilting and he was my Number 1 Fan with each and every project I have made from the day he gave me all of the scrap fabrics, threads, tools and his support all of those marvelous years ago.  Let me share with you my very first post.

And It Came To Pass

My father began quilting years ago. Well last year for some reason I was bored and thought I should make a quilt, dad always enjoys it. So, I asked him if I could have some of his scraps and explained I was going to try a quilt. He was very helpful and filled a huge plastic storage box with fabrics of all sorts. Then he gave me some threads and cutting mats and some good information. Throughtout the year, he has continued to give me scraps and rotary cutters, threads and needles. Always helping out and surprising me with new things.

Well my first quilts were nothing to jump up and down about. But I fell in love with the adventure and have more or less become obsessed. I am definetly a beginner, but am improving---can even match seams up. As soon as my dear hubby shows me how I will download some pictures.

Currently I am working on two projects; the first is NightTime: the first star quilt I have attempted. It did not turn out too shabby. I am waiting for the weather to improve some before I lay out the backing, batting and top to prepare for quilting. The second is a scrap quilt that I am quilting as I go and then adding a star applique to the top of the block. Have not decided where to go from there yet.

Well, I hope you enjoy your day and feel free to leave a comment. Brenda

Now, my thought was that I was going to reintroduce myself a tad bit and then get started sharing the 12 UFO Projects that I have picked out and decided to do for the UFO Challenge for 2019.  I am honestly very excited about it.  I have not been excited about a quilt in so long, I did not know if I would ever get it back again.  Thankfully, it is and full force.  I had planned two items to tell you about and then show you, also.  The first was going to be introducing myself in a whole new Blog.  Come to find out, this whole blog world has changed up quite a bit.  Basically, it all boils down to the fact that every thing that I tried failed big time.  So over a period of time, I will just somehow get this one all updated.  LOL....if I am capable of doing that!!!  Believe me, I am not good at this computer stuff, but I am excited to start blogging again (finally) and sharing my love of quilting with other quilters who love quilting also.


 Julie of The Craft Quilter Blog has a UFO/WIP CHALLENGE FOR 2019

and I signed up right away with a lot of enthusiasm!  Here is the link to her post on her blog if you would like to join the fun for the year!

  http://thecraftyquilter.com/2019/01/2019-ufo-wip-challenge/

Since I have already written a fairly long post, I will wait until tomorrow and do a bit of a reintroduction of myself and then post information and photos of my 12 UFO Projects that I have chosen for Julie's Challenge for 2019.  I hope that you will join all of us also!


I am not quite certain what I will do with this lovely individual fabric piece.  Although, I do know the perfect family member who I will be giving it to when it is all finished!  Has this ever happened to you?


Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Your fellow quilter Brenda


2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! I got an email this morning saying there was a new post on your blog. Woohoo! You found, remembered or reset your password. Hmm, I wonder what size that beautiful piece of fabric is? I think I would just square it up, and add some borders, similar to those that are already there. If you have some solid fabrics that match you could make some HSTs as a border and call it a day. I look forward to seeing what other UFOs you have chosen, and how they finish up. Happy Wednesday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely story about your dad and encouraging you to quilt. Those country scene blocks are too cute, cannot wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete