Monday, February 25, 2019

February UFO #2 Quilt Finished

 This quilt, I believe was intended to be a baby boy quilt.  I can not remember any of the details regarding this quilt at all.  I love the effect of moving the camera angle and the way the quilt appears to be so long and skinny above and just an ordinary size in the photo below.

 When I laid it out on the top of the guest bed, I was very confused as to why the top row was put together the way it was.  I am assuming that there was not enough of the brown/yellow dotted fabric to make another square with.

 When I was looking over the quilt, I discovered that it still needed five of the blocks to be quilted.  This honestly scared me a bit!  It has been quite some time since I have attempted any Freemotion Quilting.  But, I pulled on my Big Girl Panties and did a pretty good job.  I was actually quite proud of myself...until I began to notice these big huge questionable areas in the sashing that had not been quilted at all.  It somehow managed to get pulled up and then down and with everything I tried to do to fix these areas.  Believe me, they just kept getting worse.  I told myself that never again would I leave a quilt unfinished in the Freemotion quilting department again.  Lessons are learned throughout life this way.

 I thought about what to do for a couple days.  I decided to use this big polka dot fabric and thread basted it first and then added some safety pins just as an extra precaution.  LOL.  As I was going through the second round of quilting, (which this time, I used my walking foot) I decided that this quilt was better suited for my Big Baby Girl....Miss Dodger!

She is 12 years old now and is having trouble getting up.  She is developing arthritis, just like I am and showing all sorts of grey hairs, just like I am!  LOL.  Miss Dodger has been helping me quilt since day one and she deserved and needed a new comfy quilt for laying on while she sleeps while I am quilting.  If you would like, go back to my post March 19th and March 20th, 2008 and you can  she her when she is a puppy.

Thank you for stopping by!  I love reading your comments and hope you have a fantastic day!

3 comments:

  1. Great finish for the lovely Miss Dodger, I am sure she will be much more comfortable with a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! Oh shoot - I tried to see Miss Dodger when she was a puppy but couldn't see the photos. What a sweet girl, and what a lovely quilt she gets to enjoy. Yeah - I surely am getting more and more gray right along with her. It is a natural progression though, so I'm not complaining. Nice job finishing another UFO! You are really making progress. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gratifying finish for you, Brenda! It looks warm and cozy as Miss Dodger is showing us. Thanks for linking up to my UFO & WIP challenge!

    ReplyDelete