Thursday, April 4, 2019

MY 2nd UFO AND WIP CHALLENGE POST FOR MARCH


 I am happy to be able to share a second quilt that I was able to finish for the UFO and WIP Challenge that Julie Cefalu is hosting for the 12 months of 2019.  Here is the link for her blog post for March.  After I finish posting my post this evening, it will bring the total entries up to 45 so far.

http://www.thecraftyquilter.com/2019/03/march-ufo-wip-challenge-link-up/

One of the advantages of looking at this type of post is the fact that you have the opportunity to see ? numbers of quilt projects and you can visit each post and make a new friend, discover a new technique or pattern or maybe find out some facts about history.  Plus, maybe you may want to read the rules that Julie has written and enter a UFO or WIP for the following month.

Let me share a tad bit about this UFO quilt I discovered hiding among a dozen (plus a dozen or more) quilt tops and quilt blocks that had been put into a big blue tote and forgotten.  I do believe that this top was a learning piece for a friend of mine and myself.  I was having a horrible time, actually still do, sewing together the triangles and so the friend took over and had those fun triangles in this pattern very quickly.  I took over some half square triangles and before we knew it, we had a nice quilt top that when finished completely would make for a good "doggie" bed at one of the local shelters.





I am not sure if this backing was made for this quilt top, yet it fit it so nicely, I just could not pass it up.  I honestly do wish that my walking foot quilting would have shown up better in the pictures.  Because, in all honesty, I am very proud of how this turned out.  I only had one teeny tiny pucker, which when washed will disappear and no one will ever know it was there.  My tension is still off just a tad bit, only not enough to cause any type of grief or second guessing for me this time.

It really does feel marvelous to complete a UFO and know that it is going to be donated to an animal who needs to have that special extra love and devotion.  Thank you for letting you share another one of my quilting journeys with you!  I really enjoy reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as I can!

Have a fantastic day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! What a great finish, and a worthy cause. It's nice to have a UFO done and out of your to-be-done pile. Yay you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I’m Martin Reed,if you are ready to get a loan contact.Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com,WhatsApp:+1 989-394-3740 I’m giving credit to Le_Meridian Funding Service .They grant me the sum 2,000,000.00 Euro. within 5 working days. Le_Meridian Funding Service  is a  group investors into pure loan and debt financing at the  returns of 1.9% to pay off your bills or buy a home Or Increase your Business. please I advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of repaying back at the due time of funds.

    ReplyDelete