Thursday, June 6, 2019

UFO Projects Chosen to Complete for June

A few years ago, I fell in love with making Christmas Quilts and other Christmas Projects!  In all honesty, I am not sure what exactly happened.  It could have been a pile of Christmas Fabrics that were given to me or that I bought at a garage sale, it could have been a quilt pattern that I just fell in love with or even a quilt block done in special X-Mas fabrics that just caught my attention and after I made the block there was no stopping with just one and a whole quilt top was created.  Have you ever done that?

Although the possibilities can go on and on, I will not.  I will simply show you the fun Christmas Projects that I decided to pull out this month and finish as I am working on another one of my UFO Quilts that I am doing some applique Scrappy Bears for a Twin Quilt and am also going to have the time to also work on an Applique Circle Quilt using flannel fabrics with Owls for my oldest Great Niece.

 My Mom has been doing a tiny bit better these past two weeks.  Therefore, we have in the past week tried to stay home every other day when we can.  Yesterday, while we were visiting with her and playing a game while talking about this and that and who knows.  LOL.  One of the Nurses came to do her routine visit that Moms Doctor ordered to check on her 3 to 4 times a week, check her vitals and do exercises that would help Mom get stronger.  I am so glad that I was there this time because the Nurse informed us that Mom is still being diagnosed with pneumonia and that if my Mom does not get stronger and begin strengthening her lungs, along with coughing up mucus she most likely will end up back in the hospital.

That is the last thing my Mom wants, so I am Sure that Mom will be doing everything she can to prevent another episode spent in the hospital.
 These are all Stockings to be hung by the Chimney....well wherever you hang your stockings!  We never had a chimney growing up, I can not imagine the panic that it creates with some youngsters.  Do you enjoy sewing up any special item for Christmas?


I would not say that Stockings are high on my list of favorite items to create.  Yet, when I decide to add special hand embroidery stitches and beads and buttons.  Plus, also add on special laces or ribbons and just let yourself really create a fun and lovely gift to give to someone special in your life or maybe to sell.
Aside from Stockings, I also have some Table Toppers that need to be finished and quite a few apron patterns printed on fabric, kids stuffed toys and book patterns.  Even an abundance of pillow covers and one  quilt pattern that will hopefully all get finished before the year is through.
I am enjoying this UFO Challenge so much, especially because there is no pressure from anyone.  Well except for ME and if I do not feel the need or have the desire that falls on my own shoulders and no one else.  I was hoping to complete quite a few more projects during the first half of the year, but due to my Mother being sick it did not happen.  A few more quilts compared to my Mom....no comparision, I will take my Mom each and everytime.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I am up too. I will try and respond as quickly as I can to any comments I receive!  Have an amazing day doing what you love to do!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! Such a cute assortment of stockings you are working on. Going up we didn't have a fireplace so my stocking just went under the tree. Now I have a fireplace but don't hang the stocking up there - they still go under the tree. I guess old habits die hard. Great job working on the UFOs. You'll feel so accomplished when you get any of them complete. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stockings! What a fun project. Glad you mom is doing better, and I hope she continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete