Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Planning



This is a new visitor to our fence; I thought he was pretty perched with his yellow breast. I do not know what type of bird he is...just wanted to share.




Today, Frankie is visiting us. I love it when he comes over. Dodger, Frankie, Chicca (in the distance on the porch) and I did quite a bit of pulling weeds. Dodger and Frankie love it most of all when we take the wheelbarrel down to Maureen and Ernies back field to empty the contents. They run, bark, play tag you are it (I swear they do)plus, they just have races to see who can outrun the other; so by the time we get back to the yard they are ready to rest for a few minutes.

The last couple hours have been spent inside. It was getting a tad bit to hot in the full sun...so they took their naps (Dodger under the computer desk, Frankie on the doggie bed, Chicca on my sewing chair) and I did some research on the computer. I was curious to find out how many calories are actually in fresh fruits and vegies.

As I stated yesterday, I have got to loose some weight while I stop smoking (discuss that in a moment or so). Well the first thing that surprised me was the amount of calories that people are supposed to consume in a day. Most said from 1800 to 2500 calories. So, I am going to opt with the smallest amount. I should also say though, I am not going to be a fanatic about this...just learn to eat smarter and healthier. The second thing that surprised me was the number of servings of fruits and vegetables we are supposed to eat. I always thought it was 3; it is actually 5 to 9. The fourth thing was the really small calories that are in all fruits and vegies. A few examples; a half cup of fresh pineapple is about 70, a medium bananna is about 110, 1 cup of blackberries is 60, 1 med potato is 120, 1 med. tomato is 35, 1/4 cup of diced green onions is only 10 calories. I got most of this information from a site TonyTantillo.com he has a large list of fruits and vegetables with interesting information. I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn a tad bit more about the fruits and vegetables we eat. I kind of estimate that I have reached about the 1000 calorie point so far today. So that is good.

I also have been walking with Maureen each morning and plan tonight to start walking with Dodger at least another mile or so. With the yard work I do off and on that helps to burn calories; its just getting my motivation back. Today is better than yesterday but I still feel jittery and blah. The Doc said it could take a couple days to really get my mind and body back on track. I have not had the gumption to even sew (that is so out of this world...I love to quilt, sew, embroidery, applique) but I decided last night I was going to make myself a pair of cotton pants today. I got the fabric ironed, cut out the pattern and started to put the first seams together....I have no idea what I did or how I managed to do it but the front fabric was the right way and the back fabric was wrong side. LOL There is no way I could have done that! I gave up. I have to buy more fabric before I attempt the pants again. I have some material for a shirt and more for a nightgown. So, here later on I will attempt one of them. I am still laughing at myself.

Have a great day.

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Hang on in there you can do it.
    Just concentrate on eating 3 healthy meals a day and you should get there.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete