Thursday, September 18, 2008

USING UP SCRAPS

This is a picture of my "other" dog Frankie.
He is a purebred Miniature Australian Shepherd.
He has had his annual hair cut in this photo, that is why he looks a little puny. When I moved out
of mom and dads, they refused to let me take him with me. But, it all worked out and I manage to go and steal him whenever I can. He usually visits once or twice a week, with an occasional sleep over. Until Dodger is finished with her female issues, Frankie has to stay away, even though he has been fixed; he still tries his best. But a tad bit annoying.



Awhile ago, I began working on OLD TOBACCO ROAD a mystery quilt @ http://quiltville.com/
it is really quite fun and challenging. I do not want to give away any of the mystery for others, so I do not want to post pictures.

It is a wonderful stash buster. I have a plastic tub filled to the brim with bits and pieces of fabrics. I am trying to use up enough of these scraps (with however many quilts it takes) to at least the half way point, before I cut up any more fabrics.


This picture really does not do the size any justice at all. Part of my plan is to make quilt tops for quilt backs for the numerous projects I have to have backs for.

Good thing I really truelly enjoy scrap quilting! I have a couple of really neat ideas.

Just looking at the picture makes me want to get back to the sewing machine; so off I go.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Brenda, I love scrap qiting too, have alot of scraps too,would you like some more. Can you send me addresses for Post Card Swap gals? I am going to try some soon.Have a great day. Blessings and hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Brenda, you have gotten me interested. What are you up to...hummmm? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brenda, Me again, Thank you so much for the kind words regarding my upcoming empty-nest--I have had days where I am close to tears and other days where I do just fine. I am very excited for DS as this is a job he's very excited about. Sometimes fear of the unknown sets in--ya know? And thanks for the shooting comment--I didn't really think many would comment as guns are so controversial now...Take care, girl. Oh, and yep, those were my marks on the target!! :-) And Frankie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound motivated! Excellent! I can't wait to see your OTR. I have already 'cheated' to see how it turns out LOL

    ReplyDelete