Saturday, November 29, 2008

GADGETS ARE FABULOUS

First off, I have to offer anyone who has sent me an email in the past two days an apology; for some reason our computer will not give us access to our email pages. Kevin is trying to figure it out, but it may take some time. Therefore, I have not been able to read any messages (which is driving me crazy) and can not send any emails. I will keep you posted on what happens. Again I am sorry!


For my birthday, Kevin paid for a machine to be serviced and took me out for dinner. My parents gave me money to go and buy the Free Motion Quilting feet for the PFAFF and Singer. Sadly the Singer foot does not fit, I need to take it back and see if the owner has a solution or a different foot.




AWFUL PHOTO.......................................................................................................................................

but here is the PFAFF foot. I had to try it out right away.



It is so fun. I played and played and played some more. LOL.










I tried a few different directions, and a found it just invigerating.


I have a long way to go before looking like a real pro.........




but through some research on line, both reading and videos, I believe I may have found my "true" calling in the quilting process. Those of you who have tried this method are going to be giggling at my enthusiasm, that is great, I enjoy making people smile and laugh. Truly though, it is awesome to just go this way and that way, in and out, over stitches, close to stitches and make cool, fun, interesting designs.

For anyone who has not tried this method, I HIGHLY recommend it. One of the videos I viewed recommended just jumping right in and doing the practice on a quilt. After sewing numerous scrap pieces of fabric together ( you know how much I love my scraps.....wasting them on stitches practice was really bothering me....hee, hee, hee) I quickly decided to take up her advice. But, I do not have a quilt laying on the sidelines to be quilted; which means either waiting to finish my VIRGINIA BOUND quilt (at least a week away from even finishing the paper piecing sections) or making up a quilt.

I found an easy simple strip quilt and put it together this morning. But it really needed something extra, applique is the best solution, besides I have been itching to applique....so it will be tomorrow or the following day before I actually get to use the Free Motion Quitling foot. I am so stoked about this project. I had to make my favorite Carmel Truffle coffee, put on one of my Star Trek movies and now I am ready to satin stitch the applique on.

SO AWAY I GO............................... post pictures when it is all completed. Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Sure sounds like you are having fun with free motion quilting! I am working on getting better at mine-it really is a fun, and fast way to finish up a project. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so much better than I ever did and I took several classes for free motion quilting. Can't tell you how much I didn't like it. So I leave to those who do like it and I just piece the tops now,

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your samples are great. I can't wait to see what you do on a 'real' quilt.


    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are loving the free motion, as I do to.lately I have bee wanting to sew but just can't get there, all you gals are making the most beautiful quilts and are so dedicated.Glad you had the good birthday.Take care and Happy Quilting! Blessings and Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love free-motion and I love my PFAFF. Looks like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete