Wednesday, December 31, 2008

REJOICING FOR A NEW YEAR

Today is the last day of 2008. Boy did we get a grand surprise! Kevin was hired at a full time postition and we are just beaming with joy! Thankfully our unemployment time did not last very long, but it still takes double the time to get all caught up and moving along smoothly again. I wish to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers....they really help deal with everything knowing others are supporting and caring.

I do not really "celebrate" new years eve, but I think that tonight I will at least make a special dinner and welcome in the new year with a fun movie. I rarely manage to stay awake that late and I am pretty positive that Kevin will not last since his day began at 4 am. But I wish you all a marvelous and happy new year.






After glancing over some of my finished quilts this year, I believe this one is my favorite. I chose wonderful fabrics that worked together and did not make very many mistakes in the construction.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda, This is very good news--congratulations to Kevin! You two must be so happy! May God richly bless you in 2009. Beautiful quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brenda this is the best news, I am so happy for you and Kevin.I love the quilt you are showing, it is beutiful. God's blessings for you and Kevin in this New Year.Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I am so pleased for both of you.

    Wishing you both a very Happy New Year

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Brenda and congrats to Kevin on his new job!!! and the quilt looks lovely :))Hugs
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new Year to you and Kevin! So pleased about the news!!!
    I did laugh about your Dad shaking his bed about the hexagons. He will think I'm crazy too then LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT for the new job! Hope it goes well for him there!

    And now you'll get so much sewing done without him around...lol!

    The quilt favorite is a preeeeetttyyy one! I like the colors you chose too!

    Happy New year! May 2009 bring lots of positive changes to our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news on the job front. Love the quilt too. The prairie points are fabulous! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete