Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fabric Bowls



I have seen these bowls on several blogs and searches.  I was anxious to try creating one; but did not have the rope and kept forgetting to get some.  Well dear hubby, after purchasing some lumber discovered his rope was beyond hope and stopped at a local dollar store to purchase some.  All they had was clothsline...lucky for me.

I cut some strips of fabric at about 1 and a half inches wide....do not know where that came from.  But discovered that it was awkward to wind.  So cut each strip in half.  Much easier to manage.  I took me a couple days; off and on; wrapping the rope.  Decided it was enough at some point and took it to the sewing machine.

Just a short while later....here is the finished bowl.

I really had a fun relaxing time making this.  Still had rope left over.  This time, however, I am wrapping it with yarn.  Just experimenting and seeing what the yarn will look like.  I really hope that it goes together as smoothly as the fabric.  I have tons of yarn that needs a good project.  I enjoy crocheting, but with corporal tunnel...it really hurts within a short period of time.

If you are looking for a fun project.  Search for examples and instructions and make one.

2 comments:

  1. What a great project and a wonderful gift idea.... hummmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say hi, and let you know I stopped by. I took a little time to scroll through your blogs. Wow, has your skill gotten so much better! I've been trying to decide what to do, and have finally come up with a new blog title. I'll let you know when I get it going. I hope you are having a great day, and enjoying your sewing!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete