Saturday, February 25, 2012

Had fun creating this quilt!

 This is side one;  In the middle panel, I tried trapunto and free motion machine embroidery around some of the fish and sea plants.  You can not see the uplift very well, but it really made the fish (to me) seem more realistic.  It took me quite awhile to do this side of the quilt.  Mainly because of learning and trying to make it look really good.  But, mainly because of my back issues.

I know I will be doing both techniques more often.  They are a lot of fun.


This is the back of the quilt.  Done a tad bit like a bargello, but at the same time done as a patch work.  In order to make this side of the quilt have some extra appeal, I used one of the specialty stitches on my machine and quilted each row up and down and across. 

I really hope that the recipient of this quilt will appreciate it and really enjoy it.

Thanks for looking and have a great day stitching!

2 comments: