Wednesday, September 26, 2012

BOBBIN WORK....a new technique


First off, I just want to share this photo of Chicca (cat) and Dodger (dog).  LOL.  I had to take this photo last night because they were both patiently waiting for me to come to bed.  Dodger, she takes advantage anytime she gets to get comfy on the bed; which is just about every night.  I usually go to bed and watch a movie or two, Dodger lays beside me or at the foot of the bed; while Chicca usually lays on top of me and gets her special pettings. 


I apologize that my photos are not very good.  But, the other day I ran across a video about Bobbin Work and it really intrigued my interest.  I do not know if I will explain it correctly so here are a couple links that do a great job.

http://www.nancyziemantv.com/sewing-videos/a-new-twist-to-decorative-stitches/


http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/5025/bobbin-work-when-threads-are-too-thick-for-the-needle



I have tried experimenting with just two different types of  DMC embroidery threads so far.  It is really interesting and I am already hooked.  Right after playing and creating this, I copied an embroidery pattern that I had close at hand, traced it onto tear away stabilizer and began trying a different embroidery thread. 

Give Bobbin Work a try and see if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment