Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Crocheting with my Step Daughter


Savannah moved in with us just before Christmas.  Kevin and I have both been delighted with her company and her help.  Right now she is helping her Dad take out some totes filled with garage sale items out to the shed.

Well she had mentioned awhile back that she was interested in learning to crochet, sewing and even some embroidery.  We sat one night and worked on learning the chain stitch and the double crochet stitch.  I completed my scarf....well almost, I am trying to figure out a way to embellish it.  She ran out of yarn for hers.  But, she decided to try this hat pattern she found online.  Sorry, I did not pay attention to where she found it, so therefore I can not provide any information or give credit where credit is due.  She was tickled with delight and wore it to work and around the house.  She has now found a doggie sweater pattern and is working on it.

Slowly but surely, her and I will continue to learn new skills and since she is an excellent artist (painting,drawing and designing) I believe she will be creating beautiful items within a short period of time.

I hope that you all have a great creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment