Wednesday, July 22, 2015

REWARDING MYSELF!

 Kevin and I spent a short time yesterday evening picking wild blackberries on our property.  They are so tasty with plain vanilla ice cream and so many other foods/recipes.  We can and or freeze as many as we can.  Picking at least 4 quarts every time we go and pick.

I am participating in a mystery quilt.  I signed up during month 5; so I have quite a bit of catching up to do.  I bought a Quick Quarter2 quiting ruler not to long ago and got to use it for the first time marking 80 3 inch squares.  I really liked using it, it went so much smoother than any other method I have tried.  Plus, there really were only miniscule amounts of fabric to trim up to 2 and a half inch squares.  Today, I am working on step 2.  It has been a long time since I have participated in a mystery quilt...I am enjoying it. 

This evening after picking some more blackberries, I do believe I will reward myself with another bowl of ice cream topped with blackberries!  Have a great day creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment