Monday, November 9, 2015

SOME OF MY HAND EMBROIDERY PROJECTS


This is a pattern that Jenny from  http://www.elefantz.com/   offered this adorable pattern to the readers of her blog for Cancer Awareness month.  It took me longer than it should have, just because I have had so much going on lately; but, I had fun learning how to stitch the seed beads and little pearl beads on.  I really recommend checking out her blog for anyone that enjoys hand embroidery!  She is a very talented artist and has been published often and has so much to offer.  I still have to get her blog onto my side bar.  Hopefully, if you click on the picture it will bring up a bigger photo that you can see the details better.  If it does not work, let me know for I can get hubby to get a better close up photo. 




This is a cross stitch pillow case pattern that I have been slowly working on for about a year.  It will eventually be a gift for someone.  I am in no hurry when it comes to my hand embroidery projects, they truly are my stress free no pressure projects and I continue to fall deeper in love with hand embroidery all the time.  Both of my Grandmothers taught me the basic stitches and I did some tea towels.



I now search the Internet for tutorials, patterns and just to look at the beautiful pieces of art that people create through embroidery and beads.  The block above was done to show a dear friend what I had in mind for the center of the Double Wedding Ring quilt that I am currently creating for her.  But, she chose for me to do the hearts with various materials and applique with some hand embroidery stitches.  It is slowly but surely being created.


Again this is not a great picture, but hopefully clicking on it will enlarge it and you can see the up close Crewel Embroidery I am doing.  This project of the Peacock was started several years ago and I do have past posts about it.  I knew when I started it that it would take me several years, well it will still be several more years before completion.  But it is fun so it does not matter.  Well I must be off and do a few things.  So thank you for stopping by and commenting!  Brenda

2 comments: